This type of cover is sometimes included with accident and sickness plans, which may also be referred to as income protection or mortgage protection. It is typically a yearly reviewable policy that pays out in the event of redundancy or unemployment for up to one year. However, at the time of writing (July 2020) our understanding is that this type of cover is not currently available in the UK.